Friday, September 11, 2009

R.I.P. Grandma

P1070160.JPG

Doris Mary LaPoint

November 11, 1917 - June 17, 2009


Probably not the best way to drop back into blogging, announcing a death, but I feel I've been gone too long. And that reason for the absence, of course, was her death. She was the best grandma. I got her laugh from nurture and her nose from nature. She wasn't a baker or knitter or cook but she played a mean game of Scrabble. She always won. It wasn't because those playing against her let it happen, she was just that diabolical in her strategy. I don't win that often but I incorporate her strategies every time I play. She passed while I was in Toronto. It wasn't unexpected but it still hit me like a ton of bricks. I still cry when I think that I won't hear her voice again.

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

My condolences to you. =( (hug)

Suzanne said...

I'm so sorry.

idyllicchick said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry. She will live in your heart forever. Hugs to you, my faraway friend.

not an artist said...

((Hug))

Lorena said...

Oh, damn, honey. I'm so sorry. Loving you from far away!